Creamy Crack Chicken Soup
This Creamy Crack Chicken Soup recipe has a fantastic cheesy flavor! It's perfect for fall and winter and made with bacon, chicken, cheese, spinach, and homemade ranch seasoning.
- Instant Pot to cook chicken
- Crock pot for the soup
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 to 6 cups low sodium chicken broth (whole chicken cooked in the Instant pot)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 package 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup
shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sliced green scallions for garnish
- Cook diced bacon to a crisp in a soup pot or crock pot .
- Remove bacon from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving bacon grease in the pot.
- Add butter to the pot and melt over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and bring to a boil; lower heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and whisk in until completely melted and combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese; whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Add baby spinach; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute.
- Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and adjust accordingly. Remove bay leaf.
- Remove soup from heat; top with scallions and previously prepared bacon.
Fantastic recipe if you are a soup lover like me! I love using my Instant Pot to cook my chicken for soup. It's so quick and easy and the chicken is always juicy. I use the broth made by the chicken in the recipe. For cooking the soup I use my Ninja crockpot so I can cook the bacon first and then simmer all the ingredients.